Wednesday, May 6, 2009

KERA MAE

KERA MAE is here! 
Our little girl was born last week - April 28th at 2:23pm. 
She was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long! 
She was weighed more than Parker and she was a week and a half early! 
Wowee! 

For those of you who want the details... on Monday morning  I went to my doctors and was 4cm dilated. I was already scheduled to be induced on Wednesday morning because my edema was getting bad so she asked if I would like to have her on Tuesday !
 Of course I said, "Yes, PLEASE!" 
For those of you who didn't see me this past month, I started to swell up like a balloon and mobility was getting painful and very difficult. My blood pressure didn't get too high but they were worried if I waited for her to come out naturally that I would be risking my own health. 

So my mom spent the night on Monday night so that Ryan and I could leave early in the morning on Tuesday without disrupting Parker's schedule too much. 
Parker was so excited to have a slumber party with Nana!
We arrived at the hospital at 7:30am and they started "the drip" about 8am and broke my water shortly thereafter. 
About 9am the contractions were too painful to breath through so I got my epidural. 
WOW does that thing work!!!!
The next few hours were spend chatting with Ryan and Ryan's mom, Celeste. 
About 11:30 I was only dilated to 5cm so after a little while Ryan and his parents went down to the cafeteria for some lunch. 
Shortly after they left, the nurse checked me and I was already 8cm. 
I texted Ryan to finish his lunch and get back up to the room. 
I progressed pretty quickly to 10 cm and our wonderful doctor was called. 
I started pushing around 1:45pm and Kera came out easily at 2:23pm. 
What an AMAZING day! 
I am still in awe at how perfectly she came out!
Here are some of the 100s of pictures that Ryan took!
 He was trying to make up for only taking one picture at Parker's birth 
(he was a little stressed out at Parker's -  so I don't blame him).

Right out of the oven!
Already wrapping daddy around her finger!
What is going on??
Parker meeting his little sister for the first time!

Parker with his own baby, Shakee Cheese (what he wanted to name Kera). 
He was a little bit excited!!
Already one week old! 
My how the time does fly by!
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and all the love you sent (and continue to send) our way!

1 comment:

Tobi said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! And I LOVE the picture of Parker kissing her!