Saturday, June 13, 2009

Catching Up

I first want to apologize for not having been very good at posting pictures of Kera and how she has grown these past 6 weeks. I am still getting used to our new schedule. This should hopefully catch you up! I worked backwards so the first pictures are the most recent.


Parker can't kiss Kera enough. 
He kisses her so gently and affectionately. He asked me the other day if she would ever go back into my tummy. I told him that she wouldn't ever go back and he told me, "Thank goodness - I like her here with us."
It makes my heart so happy that he loves his little sister.
Yesterday, we went out to play in the field that we had cleared. 
All Parker wanted to do was play in the dirt. 
He didn't just play though - he rolled, jumped, ran, kicked, made dirt angels (like the ones you do in the snow) - basically, he had the time of his life. 
He was so dirty after all that playing. 
The color of his bum is the usual color of his entire body! 

Our sleepy little girl fell asleep on the changing table looking at her rattle. 
Celebrating Papa's birthday. 
Papa left for Russia the next day and is there right now on a cruise around the Baltic!
We also celebrated Gigi's birthday a day early !
The famous tractor driver! We hired a man named Dave to come and clear our field of weeds and dig a new line for our leech line. He was such a nice man. When he was done with his little digger he let Parker play around on it. Parker dug holes and dumped dirt and got to pull on all the levers. HE HAD SO MUCH FUN! He had permagrin for almost 2 weeks! 
He kept asking us,"Remember when I drove the digger?"

The three bald heads!
Parker wanted his head shaved so that he could match daddy and Kera. 
Too cute - but sad for mommy - I LOVE his curls!
Celebrating Gigi and Papa's birthday with Lana.
We drove up to Santa Barbara to celebrate Lana's 4th birthday.
We had our first hotel stay with 2 kids and it went better than we could have dreamed!
They both slept so well! Yipeeee!!
The baby handler!
Gigi's so comfy!
Parker and his first experience with a supersoaker and a jacuzzi!
This is the box that I made for Lana. 
For her birthday, my mom and I made her dress-up outfits and I made the box to keep them in. We made her outfits complete with accessories so that she could be a magician, a fancy lady, a fairy princess, and a birder (like uncle Jeri). Mom and I had such a fun time collecting and putting together the outfits and she looked SOO cute in them!

Lana the Magician!

Relaxing after a morning at the beach! It was too cold to wear a swimsuit!
Digging up treasure at Lana's 4th Birthday party!
Papa with Lana and Dash!
Look at the size difference!!!! 1 month Kera and 7 1/2 month Dash!

Our little one month "old man!"
It is so funny how babies go through the whole "old man" look.
This is Kera 4 weeks old (one month)
Her stats:
9 lbs 8 oz 
20.5 inches long
She is growing so fast!!!

Parker loves to hold Kera!
Shasta and Kera
We went to my friend Jo-Ann's to celebrate her daughter's 3rd birthday. Her big sister really wanted to hold Kera. She is such a sweetie!!
Parker loves cruisin' on my dad's rascal!
 The go out at night and look at the stars! 
Parker can already identify 3 stars and 4 constellations! 
So exciting for my dad!
I love sleeping babies!
Kera's cradle and my obsession with monitors. 
If you look closely, you will see the camera monitor taped to the cradle (that Ryan's dad made) so that I can get a close up of her face. Yes, I am obsessed!
Kera sucking on Ryan's nose! TOO funny!
Givin' Jessica the ole one-eyed smile!

Meeting my cousin Rachael! She was here all the way from Hong Kong!
Meeting my cousin Jessica!
Meeting my grandmother, Grana for the first time!

It has been an amazing past 6 weeks! 
Kera is such a good girl and we feel so blessed to have her complete our little family!

1 comment:

Jo-Ann said...

Page and I just looked at your blog. Page says, "I love you." We love the pictures!